[python] looking for someone who can spend between 4-40 hours helping us to finish a two small Python/Django/ PostgreSQL apps

Silvester van Koten slvstr na gmail.com
Neděle Září 13 21:38:05 CEST 2015

Ahoj,

We are looking for someone who can spend between 4-40 hours helping us to finish a two small Python/Django/ PostgreSQL apps.

I am a researcher at the VSE in Prague in economics, and my team (me and one co-worker) is using Django to program an economics experiment simulating a simplified financial auction (double auction). The first application has been written (see the screenshot for the main screen), but we need help to have the application deployed (we have been learning Django in the past 2 months).

And it could be useful if you could program our second app, which is a more extended version of the first app (we probably could do this ourselves by now, but would prefer to outsource). There may also be more of these economics experiment apps in the future, as I have some ideas how to use them for both research and teaching/training.

Also, we could also use some "tutorial" session with a programmer to get some feedback about deployment and the code we wrote so far (to clear up some of our beginners confusion), as we want to understand Django better. (This is not because we like to do the future programming by ourselves, as we prefer to focus on economic research and teaching, but because we like to have a thorough understanding about what is possible to do with Django, and we need to tweak our apps last-minute once in a while .

Thus, in short, what we look for is someone who could do one or all of the following 3 tasks:
1. deploy our two small apps
2. give some "tutorial" sessions about Django for "advanced beginners" (can be in Czech)
3. write our second app

We offer a competitive remuneration

Silvester van Koten
email: slvstr na gmail.com